The 1918 building permit for this house lists no architect, simply the contractor, T.A. Moynihan.The beautiful classical detailing on this simple red brick house makes this design stand out. The focal point of the main façade is the magnificent limestone surround for the double front door. A pair of square columns supports the front edge of the door canopy. The outer columns have a square capital while the inner columns have Scamozzi Ionic capitals. These support a wide entablature topped with a round arched canopy with a cornice decorated with dentils. The French doors lead to an enclosed entry with another set of French doors that access the house. On either side of the entry, a six-over-six window flanked by narrow, four-over-four windows, unified by a single limestone sill, give the impression of a tripart window, thus adding to the classical feel of the home. These windows are repeated in the second story. Three small windows, each with six lights, grouped as a single unit and unified with a stone sill, are centered above the doorway. At the eaves, stucco panels are separated by wooden L brackets. Three round arched dormers pierce the Mediterranean, red tile hip roof. The south façade has a single story sunroom topped with a hip roof; a brick walled terrace projects from the sunrooms west wall. This sunroom was originally an open porch, but was enclosed soon after construction. Since the home is situated on a corner lot the architect gave the north and south façades greater detail than might have been found otherwise. Centered in the north face of the hip roof is a large, single dormer with a Palladian window and at the rear of the house is a large porte-cochere with a red tile hip roof. H. Benjamin Marks was probably the son of Isaac Marks, a leader in the city’s Jewish community. Marks lived in this house until he traded homes with Charles Oval of 4180 Pennsylvania in 1940.