The Eastman house, built in 1897-1898, was a large two-and a-half-story frame house with porches along the main (east) façade as well as the south. The main block of the house had a two-story wing across the back. When Lilly purchased the home from Eastman’s widow he hired architect Lee Burns to alter the house to suit the needs of his family. It was Burns who transformed the house to the Colonial Revival style seen today. Burns removed the porches and designed a flat-roofed, angled, center entry porch supported by square columns at the front and square engaged columns to the back for the home’s main entry. He topped the porch with decorative iron grille work. The front door, with sidelights, is topped with a fanlight. Long, six-over-nine sash windows are centered in each of the two bays flanking the door. Above the entry porch is a tri-part window and flanking the window are six-over-six sash windows that correspond to those below. All the sash windows have louvered shutters. Three round-arched dormers are evenly spaced in the east roof and a single dormer is centered in the south. Burns built a projecting, two-story wing at the southwest corner of the house. Almost filling the area created by this wing is a single-story screened porch. A three-sided, angled entryway at the corner of the second-story leads to a rooftop porch. The second floor, south façade of the wing, is filled with windows on three sides, creating a sunroom. Off the drive on the north side of the house there is a center entry leading to an interior cross hall. The door hood is supported by square columns with decorative recessed panels. Above the door is a Palladian window. To the east of the driveway entry is a French door with a decorative wrought iron grille.