One of the largest homes in Washington Park is the Elmer Crane house (4170 Washington Boulevard). The brick and stone English Tudor Revival structure was designed by the firm of George and McLucas. William Morton Herriott lived at this address as early as 1909, selling the property to Crane in 1919. A 1923 photo describes the house simply as the “Elmer E. Crane House”; so, it is uncertain how much, if any, of Herriott’s house remained. William McLucas seems to be the architect in this partnership. The firm also designed the Renaissance inspired Paul Bessaire house at 4224 Washington Boulevard. The Indiana Construction Recorder reported its value as $40,000.