One of the last structures designed by the long and productive partnership of William McGuire and Wilbur C. Shook was Holy Trinity Hellenic Greek Orthodox Church, built on the site of the earlier Franklin Vonnegut home (4011 Pennsylvania). McGuire, born in Rushville, Indiana, attended Purdue University. Shook, a native of Versailles, Indiana, received his architecture degree from Rose Polytechnic Institute. The two men, who entered into a partnership in 1916, designed buildings for DePauw, Butler, Evansville and Indiana Universities as well as Hanover, and Manchester Colleges. The firm also designed three buildings at Rose Polytechnic Institute, Shook’s alma mater. The pair also were responsible for several outstanding church structures in Indianapolis, including Trinity Episcopal designed in the English rural Gothic style (1952); St. Paul’s Episcopal, a modern Gothic interpretation (1941), and Second Presbyterian Church, a French Gothic inspired by Ste. Chapelle in Paris (1958). The contemporary, open, glass-filled Congregation Beth-el Zedeck Temple is indicative of versatility of the firm and a precursor to the modern interpretation of the Byzantine found in their design for Holy Trinity Church.